Danish Holstein Cattle represents more than 70.6 % of the Danish population of dairy cows.
The key point for Red Danish is high production of milk protein, strong cows, longevity and good reproduction.
Over time Danish Jersey has kept focus on a high production of butterfat and milk protein.
Danish Dairy Cattle
Danish Cattle are unique in many ways
- All cows are registered in Herd Book
- Complete data reporting into Unique National Cow Database
- High reliabilities on breeding values - NTM (total Merit)
- Health traits on top - high robustness
- Unrivalled hoof health
- High lifetime production.
Breeding for increased profit - NTM is a powerful tool
All financial traits included in NTM
- Production (Milk - Fat - Protein)
- Fertility and calving ease
- Young stock survival
- Udder health, hoof health and general health
- Confirmation (Frame - Feet & Legs - Udder)
- Milkability and temperament.